Cosmetic oils contain a lot of nutrients and vitamins that help to keep the skin in good shape.
The only thing you need is to carefully read the list of contraindications for the product you are using.
Some products cannot be used around the eyes, while others are not suitable for oily skin. Cases of individual intolerance to certain components of the oil by the body are also possible.
If you do not violate the instructions and do not smear the skin with an unsuitable product, the effect will be good.
Each oil has a unique composition, is a storehouse of useful substances and has a different effect on the skin. They are used in pure form or as part of masks, creams, lotions and serums.
Pros and cons
The list of advantages of cosmetic oils is quite large.
- Benefits for the skin. Cosmetic oils nourish the skin, cleanse it well due to the fatty acids they contain, and generally have an anti-aging effect.
- Low price and availability. You can buy oil at any pharmacy, the assortment is usually quite large, and the prices, on the contrary, are not high. Considering that essential oils are not used in their pure form, but a few drops are added to some kind of base, such a jar will be enough for a long time. Base oils are also inexpensive. In this capacity, it is permissible to use, for example, cold-pressed olive oil, which can be bought at a regular grocery store. A liter bottle will be enough for a very long time.
- Natural composition. Oils are extracted from natural components and purified from harmful impurities. As a result, you have a product without chemicals and parabens.
There are not so many disadvantages, but it was not without them.
- The main disadvantage is that the effect of using oils is not as great as we would like. They make the skin condition better, but do not radically change it. Plus, you won't get results right away or the very next day. To notice the difference, you need to use oils regularly, at least for a month, or better than two.
- The likelihood of an allergic reaction. Like any natural product, cosmetic oil can cause a case of individual intolerance, so it is better to carry out an allergy test before using it for the first time.
The best oils for rejuvenation
There are many oils to preserve youthfulness. I will tell you about the most popular and effective ones.
Natural cocoa butter gives off a unique chocolate smell. It contains a lot of useful things:
- fatty acid;
This product has an excellent tonic and healing effect and is often used in lip balms because it works great for dry and cracked lips.
Cocoa butter will not get rid of wrinkles, but it will be a good prevention of their appearance, protect the skin from the harmful effects of the environment and help it renew itself better.
This is an amazing product that is quite expensive, but it stands out from the rest of the cosmetic oils. It is made from the antlers of young deer and contains a whole bunch of useful substances:
- eighteen different amino acids;
- glutamic acid;
- collagen, iodine, calcium, zinc and other trace elements.
This product easily penetrates the skin and activates the process of tissue regeneration, strengthens local immunity, and increases blood microcirculation.
This oil is rich in vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant, so it works well for dry and aging skin in the face and neck area.
Of course, it's not worth waiting for a 100% lifting effect, but the elasticity of the skin with regular use of this product will become higher. At the same time, it is well and quickly absorbed, which allows it to be used as a cream replacement and applied at night.
If you are looking for the right oils for rejuvenating and tidying up your skin, take a look at castor oil. By its composition, it is almost 90% ricinoleic acid, thanks to which it perfectly restores dry skin and makes wrinkles less noticeable.
It reliably protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, therefore it is especially popular in summer in sunny regions. In addition, it also improves metabolic processes, so that the skin on the face begins to look fresher.
The advantage of the product is that it can be used to smear the skin around the eyes and eyelids. Many oils cannot be used in this area due to their excessive strength or heavy texture. Coconut oil is very light, absorbs well, and the skin underneath breathes.
Another product that, according to reviews, works well for dry skin with the first signs of wilting. There are many beneficial elements in sesame oil:
- B vitamins;
- vitamins E and C;
- trace elements (silicon, zinc and others);
- sesamol is a special substance that perfectly protects against ultraviolet radiation.
This oil is somewhat more expensive than others, but it serves as a good prevention for the formation of wrinkles, makes the skin more elastic, removes impurities well and normalizes the sebaceous glands.
This oil has the ability to tighten aging skin well, but it has limitations. It is heavy and for this reason should not be applied around the eyes. There is a risk of waking up with swelling.
But this tool showed itself well on the neck and décolleté area. If you use it long enough and regularly, the condition of the skin in this area will become better, elasticity and tone will return.
This oil is capable of rejuvenating well, but it is not used in its pure form. You can mix it with a base oil of your choice, depending on your skin type. For a more pronounced anti-aging effect, I recommend mixing it with the contents of one vitamin E capsule.
Sea buckthorn oil tidies up loose skin, improves elasticity. If you use it regularly, wrinkles become less noticeable.
This product is useful not only when taken orally as part of light salads, it can be used to care for the eyelids. It is enough to put a compress with olive oil on problem areas in the eye area for 10 minutes - and after a few such procedures, the skin condition will become better. It is a frequent ingredient in many home cosmetics recipes.
This product has a very rich composition, it contains;
- organic acid glycerides;
- vitamin E and B vitamins;
Thanks to this, it perfectly moisturizes the skin, protects from the sun, serves as a good prevention of acne, nourishes and reduces flaking. Suitable for all skin types.
There are a myriad of recipes using all of these oils for different skin types. They are often mixed with each other, with different ingredients for home cosmetics, or added to enrich the formulation in simple, inexpensive creams. For example, a mask of pumpkin oil (a teaspoon), cosmetic clay (two tablespoons) and ground cinnamon (half a teaspoon) helps with acne.
You can get rid of age spots by mixing a teaspoon of castor oil with a tablespoon of grated cucumber and using this mix as a mask.
And from cocoa butter, you can make a nourishing cream. To do this, melt a tablespoon of the product in a water bath, add a couple of drops of vitamins A and E and a teaspoon of sea buckthorn and rosehip oils, mix well and use. Such a cream is stored in the refrigerator for several days.
The use of cosmetic oils can help in an integrated approach to rejuvenation, especially if you do not have the opportunity to regularly visit the salon and buy expensive cosmetics. These are natural natural remedies that have a good anti-aging effect and do not contain harmful components, which are so abundant in cheap cosmetics.